A soothing start to your day with vitamin C-rich oranges to help reduce stress.Serves 6
- 2 large oranges
- 3 eggs
- 3 cups buttermilk
- 1/3 cup canola oil, plus 2 tablespoons for coating the pan
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup buckwheat flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- Honey, to drizzle atop pancakes
- Cut the peel and white pith from the oranges. Slice into 1⁄2 inch slices and place in bowl. Cover and set aside until needed.
- Whisk together the buttermilk, eggs, and oil.
- In another bowl, mix together the two flours, sugar, salt, and baking soda. Pour the dry ingredients into the egg mixture. Stir until the two mixtures are just incorporated.
- Heat a griddle or large frying pan to medium-hot, and place 1-2 teaspoons of oil in the center of the pan. Let the oil melt and coat the pan before spooning the batter into the frying pan. Spoon or pour the batter into the pan to form a 4-inch diameter pancake.
- If you have room in the pan, pour additional pancakes. Once bubbles form on the top of the pancakes and collapse, flip them over and cook for about 2 more minutes. Place completed pancakes on a platter or plate and cover until ready to eat. Continue with this process until all of the batter has been made into pancakes.
- To serve, top with the oranges slices and drizzle with honey.